My 64GB 3G iPad is on the truck for delivery, or so says fedex. With that…what’s left to prep to transition to the iPad full time?
- Apps purchased: check. I made some amendments to the list in my prior post, but I’m raring to go.
- Files, folders, etc. cleaned up on my MBP: check.
- Connect my MBP to my iMac in target disk mode, and copy my Documents folder and everything in it to the iMac: right after I post this 🙂
Once the iPad arrives…
- Love it like I love my mother (kidding) (sort of)
- Apply custom Gelaskin to the back of the iPad
- Sync to the iMac
- Wipe off the drool
- Spend some extensive time testing Air Sharing, Good Reader, and Office2HD to choose a (permanent?) file-system app
- Put the MBP and Kindle2 in a drawer
- Get to work!
If all goes according to plan, my next post will be made from the iPad…here goes!
Good luck. Your experiment is going to be fun to watch.
Thanks for posting! This is the first reply posted from my iPad!
Sent from my iPad.
Back atcha! iPad posting ftw!
I am curious about your experience with air sharing HD. Goodreader was an easy purchase at .99 but ten bucks requires some research. Let us know what you think. Thanks
I love GoodReader, I use it to read Books that do not offer digital copies, I own the physical book and read PDF copies of them on GoodReader. Works wonderfully. 99 cents was a instant purchase. I use it a lot on my iPhone and soon on my iPad 3G 32GB.
I hear that. Seems geared as much toward reading as organization.
Definitely will do Aaron. Sussing these out are my big priority this week…
I can not wait for mine to arrive to me. Am in Germany, working in an US Army base and have to wait for Apple to ship the iPad to the APO mailing service ShipitApo and ShipitApo ships it to my APO address. ShipitAPO just sent me an email that they have shipped my iPad and I should receive sometime early next week. Can’t wait. Long time coming. 🙂
Thanks for posting. And hope yours arrive soon! The wait was indeed painful! Posting on iPad 🙂
Which blogging app are you planning to use, if any?
Thanks for posting. Right now I am replying on my iPad right on the wordpress.com site. Works pretty well. They have a decent iPhone app, not yet updated for iPad. Hopefully they’ll do so soon…a dedicated app would help!
I just saw that GoodReader added Dropbox capability. Huzzah!
Yup. It’s quite an app! Thoughts coming shortly…
No updates? Can’t wait to hear how you’re liking the iPad. Say something! 🙂
Haha! Thanks for posting. Thoughts coming soon. Pretty much all good!
Cool! Good to hear yours arrived!
(Waiting impatiently for the Canadian release. . . . )